Could we use the data dump that stack exchange publishes for theoretical computer science and create an ontology out of it? The data is heavily structured and the things I can think of what we could do with it.
- Create robots that aid in question answering
- Machine learn what kind of questions are asks and who asks them
- Learn more about theoretical computer science sociologically
The things that help us are as follows
- Everything is ordered and tagged by humans
- It will be constantly changed and updated
The problems with it are as follows
- Knowledge engineering these types of questions is hard by definition (some questions have no answer or can't be answered!)
The strategy I thought of would be to go for the "easy" questions first (questions tagged as off topic) and work from there.