In this answer the question wasn't originally community wiki and it was turned later into one. The answer was posted before it was community wiki and so I got rep for the upvotes. When I noticed I made the answer community wiki so I won't get further rep.

The question is how to reverse the rep. I got already ?


1 Answer 1


You can't reverse the reputation you have earned already and you don't need to. :)

(But if you want, you can put a bounty on some other question to give away that reputation.)

  • $\begingroup$ Nice :) I always wanted to put a bounty, thanks for the advice :) $\endgroup$ Dec 6, 2010 at 3:04
  • 5
    $\begingroup$ Our users are way too honorable :) $\endgroup$ Dec 6, 2010 at 4:19
  • $\begingroup$ I remember reading something about how that extra rep will disappear during the next database update.. or maybe it was about something else. $\endgroup$ Dec 6, 2010 at 5:29
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ @Robin: I thought of that too (it is called “reputation recalculation” or “rep recalc”), but no, the rep recalc does not cancel the rep points earned for a post before it was turned to a CW. See meta.stackexchange.com/questions/16750/…. $\endgroup$ Dec 6, 2010 at 13:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .