In the context of new proposals on Area 51, a number of people who are active there and on programming sites have (imho) demonstrated a lack of perspective on the field computer science. For them, it appears, everything not coding is theory and therefore within the scope of cstheory.SE. Needless to say this has hindered both communication and establishing of a general CS site.
- Is Computer Science a duplicate of Theoretical Computer Science?
- Please explain the closing of Computer Science
- Should research level only sites be allowed?
- Two level model (MO/Math.SE) vs one level model (SO)
- What problems does the two-level split solve?
How can we make people understand the richness of computer science?