I'm a computer science professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I'm also the ArXiv moderator for cs.DM (discrete math) and cs.CG (computational geometry). My main research interests are computational geometry and topology.
“A mathematician is said to be pure if all their facets have the same dimension.” — Tsuyoshi Ito
Member for 10 years, 8 months
116 profile views
Last seen Jan 2 '20 at 17:33
- Academia 95.5k 95.5k 1414 gold badges223223 silver badges385385 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 22.6k 22.6k 99 gold badges9191 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Computer Science 8.4k 8.4k 11 gold badge3333 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Area 51 681 681 11 gold badge1111 bronze badges
- Mathematics 501 501 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 487 How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student?
- 264 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- 226 University rank/stature - How much does it affect one's career post-Ph.D?
- 196 Stating surprise about another researcher in my talk
- 170 Why would an academic write a textbook for free?
- 151 What does first authorship really mean?
- 144 How can it be decidable whether $\pi$ has some sequence of digits?
- View more network posts →