I'm a computer science professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I'm also the ArXiv moderator for cs.DM (discrete math) and cs.CG (computational geometry). My main research interests are computational geometry and topology.
“A mathematician is said to be pure if all their facets have the same dimension.” — Tsuyoshi Ito
Member for 10 years, 2 months
113 profile views
Last seen Jan 2 at 17:33
- Academia 94.4k 94.4k 1414 gold badges218218 silver badges378378 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 22.4k 22.4k 99 gold badges9090 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Computer Science 8.2k 8.2k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Area 51 681 681 11 gold badge1111 bronze badges
- Mathematics 500 500 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 481 How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student?
- 263 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- 223 University rank/stature - How much does it affect one's career post-Ph.D?
- 196 Stating surprise about another researcher in my talk
- 169 Why would an academic write a textbook for free?
- 149 What does first authorship really mean?
- 143 Super Mario Galaxy problem
- View more network posts →