My mathematically-oriented work generally explores discrete geometric and probabilistic themes in physics, computation, and communication. Jack of most trades, master of none.
I can be reached at sch213#nyu#edu (make the obvious substitutions for #).
Inside the Beltway
Member for 9 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 11 '17 at 19:58
- MathOverflow 13.5k 13.5k 66 gold badges5555 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Mathematics 487 487 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Physics 481 481 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 401 401 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 141 141 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 110 What are some famous rejections of correct mathematics?
- 66 Why can't there be a general theory of nonlinear PDE?
- 65 Endless controversy
- 53 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 42 What do heat kernels have to do with the Riemann-Roch theorem and the Gauss-Bonnet theorem?
- 41 (How) is category theory actually useful in actual physics?
- 36 What are the recommended books for an introductory study of elliptic curves?
- View more network posts →