I'm a professor in the Mathematics Dept. at M.I.T. I mostly work on quantum computation, quantum information, and quantum complexity, but I am also interested in other areas of theoretical computer science and mathematics.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
127 profile views
Last seen Feb 25 at 20:54
- English Language & Usage 68.5k 68.5k 77 gold badges136136 silver badges241241 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 22.4k 22.4k 44 gold badges8282 silver badges119119 bronze badges
- Physics 9.4k 9.4k 2424 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges4242 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Computer Science 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 174 Where were "should", "shall", and "must" in the 18th Century?
- 140 Was the reduction in Shor's algorithm originally discovered by Shor?
- 136 Why are 'student' and 'suspend' not pronounced as written?
- 127 What to do when you notice that a value in your paper is wrong, once it is accepted but before it is published?
- 111 Why is there no "autumntime" or "falltime"?
- 102 "Whatever a Russian does, they end up making the Kalashnikov gun"? Are there any similar proverbs in English?
- 99 Can “whose” refer to an inanimate object?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (14)
26 Is “theoretical” computer science too narrow? Feb 11 '11
24 On the Feasibility of Homework Questions Nov 8 '10
22 On modifying our scope: A proposal Aug 9 '12
11 Promotion T-Shirt Design Mar 13 '11
9 Another go at scope of desirable questions Oct 25 '10
9 Original proofs generated on the parent site Dec 8 '10
6 Original proofs generated on the parent site Feb 10 '11