PhD candidate in computer science at Brigham Young University, studying programming languages for probabilistic modeling and inference. Current topics of interest: formal languages, foundations of mathematics, measure-theoretic probability, applied probability, topology, and computation in the limit.
In my spare time, I learn piano arrangements of great music from video games. Current favorite composers: Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross), and Koji Kondo and his protégés (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario). These guys are terrific.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 10 '13 at 19:16
Top network posts
- 18 Catastrophic cancellation in logsum
- 16 Fields of mathematics that were dormant for a long time until someone revitalized them
- 15 Scott's stochastic lambda calculi
- 12 Iterative refinement algorithm for computing exp(x) with arbitrary precision
- 11 Is there a least-fixed-point formulation of inaccessible cardinals?
- 11 Is there a "disjoint union" sigma algebra?
- 10 Are research papers hard to read?
- View more network posts →