Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
New York, NY
Member for 9 years, 6 months
48 profile views
Last seen Feb 10 '11 at 13:54
- Stack Overflow 86.3k 86.3k 2929 gold badges208208 silver badges214214 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 11.5k 11.5k 1717 gold badges6464 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 8.8k 8.8k 33 gold badges4646 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges22 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 2.8k 2.8k 55 gold badges1818 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 482 Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 466 How do I install an R package from source?
- 430 The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 350 Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 347 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 279 Elegant way to check for missing packages and install them?
- 226 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (12)
16 Who should the moderators be? Aug 23 '10
12 Homework, or things that look like homework. Sep 1 '10
11 Who should the moderators be? Aug 27 '10
9 Who should the moderators be? Aug 24 '10
9 What should our site/domain name be? Aug 17 '10
8 Are applied questions off-topic? Aug 25 '10
8 Who should the moderators be? Aug 23 '10