Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
New York, NY
Member for 10 years, 5 months
50 profile views
Last seen Feb 10 '11 at 13:54
- Stack Overflow 91.1k 91.1k 3232 gold badges216216 silver badges215215 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 11.8k 11.8k 1717 gold badges6767 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 8.9k 8.9k 33 gold badges4747 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges22 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 3.2k 3.2k 55 gold badges1919 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 538 Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 511 How do I install an R package from source?
- 462 The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 372 Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 361 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 330 Elegant way to check for missing packages and install them?
- 263 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- View more network posts →