Question: How do you call a subsequence of consecutive elements ?

I guess that many people working in TCS have once wished for concise and unambiguous terms for “contiguous subsequence” and “not necessarily contiguous (but still order-preserving) subsequence,” and therefore the question is reasonably interesting to TCS researchers. I believe that this question should be on topic in a similar sense that soft questions are on topic.

  • $\begingroup$ I'll wait to see what others say. I'm happy to open the question if there is consensus. $\endgroup$ Mar 14, 2011 at 15:51
  • $\begingroup$ I agree with Tsuyoshi: it's not off-topic. Unfortunately, I don't know whether there are any good answers. $\endgroup$ Mar 14, 2011 at 17:06
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ By popular demand, I reopened the question. $\endgroup$ Mar 14, 2011 at 17:16
  • $\begingroup$ @Dave: Can you post your last comment as an answer so that I can accept it? $\endgroup$ Mar 14, 2011 at 19:10

1 Answer 1


By popular demand, I reopened the question.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .